Over the past year, the ATV market has literally been swept by a tsunami. Almost all inventories of new and used quads have been snapped up. Enthusiasts and a large number of new adepts have generated a strong demand for purchases. On the one hand, all this craze has created a scarcity of vehicles available for sale and shaken up the supply and demand ecosystem. On the other hand, it has created a breath of fresh air and enthusiasm in the ATV community.
While many manufacturers remain cautious and opt for the status quo for 2022, others are jumping on the bandwagon. This is the case for Polaris, which wants to adjust its lineup to better meet the needs of both novice and experienced ATV riders. Thus, its 2022 fleet includes :
– An all-new RANGER SP 570 that is specifically designed for families, landowners, ranchers and hunters that work hard and play hard. The new mid-size RANGER increases efficiency during tough jobs, allowing more time for fun with friends and family.
– The Sportsman 570 and limited edition XP 1000 ATVs come standard with a 7-inch touchscreen and the RIDE COMMAND system, featuring GPS navigation and communication technology that elevate the ATV riding experience.
– The GENERAL XP 1000 Trailhead Edition is loaded with top-of-the-line performance features and expanded overall trail capability. The newest GENERAL is the ultimate machine for outdoor enthusiasts looking for new destinations and wanting to raise the bar on adventure.
– The RZR 200 EFI is designed for the next generation of off-roaders, offering more power and capability to young riders and setting new benchmarks for safety features with RIDE CONTROL and Helmet Aware technology.
– The RZR full-size lineup receives a series of upgrades, including an in-dash trickle charging port that streamlines battery service and more efficient charging on RZR XP models, while the Pro XP Premium and Ultimate models receive enhanced ride comfort and protection from the elements with new door inserts.
– An all-new line of premium Rhino-Rack® storage solutions and accessories designed specifically for RANGER and GENERAL vehicles bring even more capacity and versatility to utility and sport-utility vehicles.
Now let’s take a closer look at what’s new in each of the families for 2022:
2022 RZR Trail – Starting at $13,699 U.S.
2022 RZR XP 1000 – Starting at $19,499 U.S.
2022 RZR Pro XP – Starting at $21,999 U.S.
The RZR family is known for its performance and sporty driving. Many new features and color options are offered in these models. The RZR Pro XP lineup now includes an in-dash charging port that provides a more streamlined battery service and easier charging capabilities. In addition, the RZR Pro XP Premium and Ultimate models receive new door inserts for added comfort and protection while riding. On the RZR Trail Premium model, Turf Mode has been added to provide a tighter turning radius in narrow switchbacks by unlocking the rear differential.
Along with these RZR model upgrades, the RZR Pro XP Sport will replace the RZR XP Turbo in the lineup. This will provide a significant increase in value with more power and improved performance. The RZR Pro XP Sport offers increased performance over its predecessor with 8% more horsepower and two inches of increased suspension travel. Boasting a refined, rider-centric cockpit designed for rider comfort, there are also more tuning options. Combine this with a stronger transmission and front axles, and the RZR Pro XP Sport is ready for any challenge.
For 2022, RZR also gets some interesting new accessory options.
Music lovers will be happy to know that the RZR Pro XP Rockford Fosgate LE audio system is now available as an option on RZR Pro XPs. This upgrade kit includes a 12-inch 400W subwoofer with a full 100W speaker system and offers twice the sound level to take your audio experience to the next level. Also optional are Pro Armor’s new Crawler AT tires that were designed for optimal performance. To mount these tires, there are two 14-inch wheel options that combine strength and performance to give your RZR a cutting-edge look.
2022 GENERAL XP 1000 Trailhead Edition – Starting at $26,699 US
2022 GENERAL XP 4 1000 Trailhead Edition – Starting at $28,899 US
The big news in the General lineup for 2022 is the arrival of the new GENERAL XP 1000 Trailhead Edition. This package is available in limited edition two and four seater models. Polaris has outfitted them to ride comfortably and confidently in the most challenging terrain. The Trailhead Edition is built on the GENERAL XP 1000. The manufacturer has added features that will elevate the lifestyle experience for both novice and experienced riders.
The Trailhead Edition is the ultimate adventure machine for tackling the trails with extra storage space for essential gear for your outings. It’s a quad designed to explore new destinations and experience new adventures. It includes the following features:
– RIDE COMMAND System. It allows riders to stay connected and keep the quad group together. A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS navigation and waypoints lets riders save specific destinations and follow a guided route so they can find their way, even when they’re out of cell coverage. Vehicles equipped with RIDE COMMAND can also send group text messages to each other without the use of cellular service.
– Lock & Ride Adventure Bed Rack – Atop the 600 lbs dumping cargo box is a gear-ready rack with side walls and easy access points to securely attach up to 50 lbs of gear.
– Rockford Fosgate Audio – The Rockford Fosgate Stage 3 audio system delivers powerful sound with pristine clarity, so passengers can enjoy their favorite music while cruising the trails.
– Bumper-mounted light bar – An 11-inch Pro Armor high-output light bar integrated into the front bumper increases visibility in low-light conditions to extend the driving day.
For 2022, the Polaris GENERAL family receives several upgrades directly from customer feedback. Up front, most models receive a winch upgrade with Auto-Stop, a synthetic rope with a new blackened forged hook, an aluminum fairlead and rubber insulator.
Models with RIDE COMMAND will also benefit from the addition of snowplow mode. When properly equipped, Snowplow Mode automatically lowers and raises a plow when the vehicle is shifted from park to low or reverse, making the job easier than ever.
In addition, models with RIDE COMMAND receive a new Rockford Fosgate® Stage 3 audio setup with a four-channel amp for fade control and automatic volume leveling. To maximize the audio experience, a dedicated 400W amp driving a 10-inch subwoofer in a 25-liter enclosure is available as an option.
2022 Sportsman 570 Ride Command Edition – Starting at $10,899 U.S.
2022 Sportsman XP 1000 Ride Command Edition – Starting at $14,499 U.S.
Polaris today unveiled two new limited edition models featuring RIDE COMMAND technology. Designed to elevate the off-road riding experience for riders of all backgrounds and experience levels, the new Sportsman 570 and XP 1000 RIDE COMMAND editions feature exclusive technologies and more trail performance.
The limited edition RIDE COMMAND models allow enthusiasts to stay connected with industry-exclusive communication technology that works even when cellular coverage is not available. Riders can put their phones away and keep their hands on the bars with confidence in their route and location. And that’s not all, both models are packed with popular features designed for riders looking to hit the trails in performance and style.
Standard equipment on the new 2022 Sportsman 570 and XP 1000 RIDE COMMAND editions includes:
– RIDE COMMAND System. It allows riders to stay connected and keep the quad group together. A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS navigation and waypoints allows riders to save specific destinations and follow a guided route so they can find their way, even outside of cell range. Vehicles equipped with RIDE COMMAND can also send group text messages to each other without using cellular service.
– Snowplow mode is also standard on these models, making the job easier than ever by automatically lowering and raising a plow when the vehicle goes from park to low or reverse. This option is also available as an accessory for other 2022 Sportsman models
– Multi-Select EPS – New for 2022 on all Sportsman models equipped with electronic power steering, drivers can now choose from three levels of steering assist depending on their driving conditions for added comfort and confidence when navigating properties or trails.
– Powerful LED Lighting – Extend the driving day with LED headlights that provide better visibility in low-light conditions to illuminate the trail when the ride starts early and goes late into the evening.
– Upgraded Duro Tires – Wider Duro tires (26-inch on 570 and 27-inch on XP 1000) mounted on 14-inch aluminum wheels offer increased ground clearance, traction and stability in turns.
– More clearance, less maintenance – Front and rear arched A-arms maximize usable ground clearance under the machine to confidently clear obstacles along the trail, while sealed suspension bushings are designed to withstand the elements and reduce vehicle maintenance.
– More Protection and Utility – A front bumper offers extra protection, and a 3,500-pound Polaris HD winch with Auto-Stop and synthetic rope comes standard to clear unexpected trail obstacles and keep us riding.
– More Storage for the 570 – An underseat bag, standard on the 570 RIDE COMMAND Edition, as well as new accessory options, including a fender bag and rear rack extension bags, provide more places to store your luggage or gear.
RANGER SP 570 – Starting at $10,499 U.S.
RANGER CREW SP 570 – Starting at $11,999 U.S.
RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition – Starting at $16,999 U.S.
RANGER CREW SP 570 NorthStar Edition – Starting at $19,499 U.S.
For many years, the Polaris RANGER family has been helping owners tackle the task at hand more efficiently so they have more time to spend with family and friends. The all-new RANGER SP 570 line is no exception. Further enhancing the promise of “hardest work, smoothest riding” the RANGER SP 570 features a larger cargo box, increased ground clearance, additional storage and accessory options that together create the perfect machine for work and play.
Available in two-seat and CREW models, the all-new RANGER SP 570 offers rugged style. It is equipped with the 44 horsepower Prostar 570 engine. This quad has a towing capacity of 1,500 lbs. In addition, it has an improved cargo box that offers nearly 30% more space for best-in-class cargo storage. An improved turning radius and a compact 56-inch width make it easier to handle in tight spaces. With over 40 new accessories, including Pro Shield cab systems, class-exclusive JBL® audio and RIDE COMMAND technology, the RANGER SP 570 can be customized for many different uses. For riders looking for maximum comfort in a mid-size package, the RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition comes equipped with a factory-installed Pro Shield cab system and heater.
In addition to the all-new RANGER SP 570, the full-size RANGER lineup receives several upgrades for 2022. Polaris always listens to its customers and dealers and the new full-size lineup includes improvements that are a direct result of their feedback. More comfort and capacity are essential for side-by-side utility customers and for 2022, RANGER is adding the following:
– An updated air conditioning system includes a variable-capacity compressor that delivers faster cooling and lower temperatures so quad riders can stay cool on the hottest days, even at idle. Available on XP 1000 NorthStar models.
– New Seats – Redesigned seats offer next-level comfort with improved cushioning and more premium material, while enhanced bolstering keeps riders more securely seated when traveling over rough terrain. Available on XP 1000 and XP 1000 NorthStar models
– Pro Armor X-Terrain 8-Ply Tires – Tires offer added durability while maintaining superior ride comfort and traction for any terrain. Available on XP 1000 models.
In closing, we see that Polaris has opted for a mix of new models and refinements across its quad fleet in 2022. There is something for everyone!
Let’s hope that all the models in the 2022 lineup will soon be available at our dealerships!